This year we did another quick trip up north to visit both families for Christmas. It was likely my last trip anywhere before baby gets here. The doctors say I
could travel up to 36 weeks, but I have a feeling I won't
want to be traveling much from now on. First we headed to Michigan to visit my family for a couple days, then on the afternoon of Christmas day we flew to Chicago to visit Greg's family for a couple days. It was a nice to actually be with our families this year for Christmas. On our way back home I realized that this was going to be the last time that traveling would ever be easy. Starting next year, I am sure it will become much more difficult to fly with baby!
Marc and my Mom
Sara
Me, Emily, Greg's Dad and Mom, Greg
Greg and I
Greg's Mom & Dad and Emily - Tea at The Drake
Greg's Dad at the Lego store
Travel with a baby will definitely be more challenging...but since you'll probably have to do it more often...you'll get experienced fast. We only traveled by plane with David a couple of times...and they would open his milk bottles and do some type of litmus thing to make sure we weren't carrying something dangerous! I guess if they didn't do that...it would be a perfect hiding place for stuff...but it was majorly annoying...they even opened up a non-opened jar of baby food...but only one of several. You still get one carryon per person (even baby)...so that at least made bringing the diaper bag easier. I'm sure if we'd had to do it more...Josh would have had it down to a science...but we were pretty uncoordinated on our trips. :)
ReplyDelete