Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

Since everything has been so hectic lately with the move, we didn't really have any time to plan any Thanksgiving travels.  Plus, it turns out I had to work Thanksgiving weekend (Fri-Sun), so I wouldn't have been able to really travel anyway.  Luckily Greg's parents and sister were able to join us this year for our Thanksgiving feast!

They arrived only 16 days after the moving truck unloaded all our stuff.  I have been pretty frantic in getting things unpacked and cleaned and ready for visitors the past 2 weeks!  Thankfully, except for 2 "junkrooms" upstairs and some more detailed office and garage organization, I think we are all settled in now.  Those last few things will eventually get done...someday!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend full of yummy food, relaxation, Wii competitions, and just enjoying each others company.

Finally settled in and ready for our Thanksgiving visitors!





Still needs a little organization...but you get the idea


No, no one is hiding under the sheets - that's just my pregnancy body pillow!

One thing we started this weekend was to break the habit of our dogs sleeping in bed with us.  I am so proud of them, they have tolerated it so well!  It is amazing how much better sleep we get now that we aren't shoved to the edges of the bed by our 4 legged children.  

The "buffet line"

Yum

Table is ready for feasting


Hmm, not much room to spare on this plate!

Gotta love the Cox Family Apple Pie - design courtesy of Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment